mercoledì 30 ottobre 2013

Don't call me writer

I never pretended to be a writer.

I started writing as a hobby, when I was at the high school. I think everything started because of my deskmate, Ilaria, with whom I fell in love. Unfortunately she already had a boy, so I chose to say nothing to her, hijacking the power of my feelings towards the pen and the sheets, my new and unsuspectable friends.

I begun to write poems, using simple couples of rhymes, then I tried to write short stories too. I liked them, but they actually were not great. Anyway, keeping on writing, my style and my stories became better and better. In those years I also started blogging, my first step in the big world of online communication.

In 2008 a friend of mine convinced me to participate in a literary contest. I was vey surprised to win: my short story took part in a book, which collected 20 more winning stories. That was a very important step to me. I met some special persons who would become real friends of mine and I decided to believe in my skills.
But never, NEVER, I started to call me writer.

0 commenti:

Posta un commento